Posts tagged # interface design
Notes from “Advocating for Accessible UI Design” by Lara Schenck on CSS-Tricks.
Accessibility is not just the responsibility of web developers. Accessibility begins with design decisions. Share non-technical tips for UI design to everyone on the team so they make more accessible design choices in future:
- Easy on the animations.
- Make sure background and text colors have enough contrast.
- Be very careful when overlaying text on images, or don’t.
- Double-check the readability of font weights and sizes.
- Indicate external links.
- Differentiate between action-oriented social media links vs. profile links.
- Don’t rely 100% on icons and colors to communicate.
- Consider what the design would look like without interactivity.
Read the details at “Advocating for Accessible UI Design.”